Information We Collect
Depending on the content and materials you use on the Site, we may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your full name, phone number and email address that you voluntarily give to use when choosing to participate in various activities related to our Site or Services, posting messages in our forums, liking posts, sending feedback, requesting Services, and responding to surveys.
- Demographic information such as country of residence, preferences, and interests.
- Financial information, such as information related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information and Services from our Site; however, all financial data collected is stored by our payment processor.
- If you access the Site or Services from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device used and the location of the device.
- Social network information when you connect to a social network (such as Facebook) from our Site, which may include your name, your social network user name or identifier, gender, birthdate, email address, profile picture or its URL, user identification numbers for your contacts, and other public data for your contacts.
- Data our servers automatically collect when you access the Site or Services, such as your native actions that are integral to our Site including liking, re-blogging, or replying to a post as well as other interactions with the Site or Services and other users via server log files.
How We Use Your Information
Having accurate information about you permits us to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular, we use your information to:
- Notify you of updates to the Site and Services.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site and improve our Services.
- Periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns of Services.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
How We May Share Your Information
We may disclose your information as follows:
- We may share your information with third parties that perform services for or on our behalf (such as our vendors or consultants).
- In response to legal process or a request for information, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or as necessary to investigate or remedy a potential violation any of our policies, to prevent fraud, or to otherwise protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
- We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technologies on the Site, which will enable them to collect information about how users interact with the Site over time. This user information may also be used to, among other things, track and analyze data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity.
- With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- If we reorganize or otherwise transfer part or the whole of the Site or our assets to another organization (such as in the course of a merger, dissolution, liquidation), your information may be shared with the transferee.
In order to help prevent unauthorized data access or disclosure, we have put physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of information transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To help ensure security via the Internet, we recommend you keep your browser up-to-date with automatic security updates enabled.
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personally identifiable information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such information from our records. If you become aware of any information we have collected from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are less than 18 years old, reside in California, and have a registered account with our Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on our Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the email address associated with your account at email@example.com and include a statement that you reside in California. While we will make sure the information is not publicly displayed on our Site, please be aware that the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from out systems.
Your Marketing Preferences
We give you choices about our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We may contact you via email or social media messages if you have requested any of our free or paid programs or other Services. By requesting any of our free or paid programs you agree to be contacted via email and/or social media messaging. To stop receiving promotional emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any email and/or social media message you receive from us. We will process your request as soon as it is reasonably practical and you will not be contacted again unless you voluntarily request another free or paid program. Please note that we may still send you administrative and transactional messages about the Services. For example, we may still contact you via email about your orders.
- We may contact you via telephone, SMS and/or text message if you have requested any of our free or paid programs or other Services and provided us with a phone or cell number. However, if your number is registered on the “Do Not Call List,” we will use reasonable efforts not to make any promotional calls to you without your express agreement, in writing.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we correct, delete, or update your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Links to Other Websites